Our client is a company specialized in the chemical sector and is currently looking to integrate a Lead Cost Estimator (m/f) into their team in Lisbon.
This professional will have as main responsibilities:
• Provide all cost engineering expertise and coordinate activities as a group/lead as required;
• Prepare capital cost estimates for construction of industrial petrochemical, energy storage and oil and gas and Total-Installed-Cost (TIC) facilities, including proposal, pre-feasibility, FEED and detailed cost estimates for contract EPC execution;
• Lead and promote efforts to find innovative estimating methods;
• Support Engineering and Project Management teams in developing;
• Cost Estimates through bid analysis, equipment specifications and the like documents;
• Pricing equipment and other internal cost estimating tools;
• Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends;
• Identifying labour, material and time requirements through tender study equipment specifications, and related documents;
• Commit costs by analysing labour, material and time requirements;
• Assist in preparing the cost share of engineering, procurement, and construction contracts;
• Manage and maintain cost database.
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and/or in a similar field;
• At least 5 years work experience in industrial projects;
• Preferred industry of experience in power, heavy industrial, gas separation, oil / natural gas or process facilities;
• Experience in construction projects strongly valued;
• Language skills: English, others (German, Portuguese, French) are beneficial;
• MS Office, in particular Excel;
• Soft skills: target oriented, team player;
• Demonstrate experience in the use of cost and estimating tools and the application of market conditions and risk management to estimates.