Claire Joster is looking for an Engineering Team Lead for an Online Travel Agent.
• Set the technical direction for the team and ensure engineering best practices. Drive improvement as needed
• Represent and advocate for the team at the company and department levels.
• Manage stakeholders expectations.
• Mentor team members. Ensure they receive frequent performance feedback.
• Work alongside your Engineering Manager and Business Unit Manager to create and support a rewarding working environment that aligns with the company culture
• Help establish a culture of continuous learning in the team · Ensure the team develops robust and scalable solutions to support high traffic applications.
• Contribute to the evolution of the overall product/system architecture
• Work with product owners/managers to plan and scope projects and features
• Provide clarity to your team and others by setting expectations on project deliverables. Monitor which projects are on track and which are blocked
• 2+ years of experience of line management of 3 or more software engineers, helping them grow and learn
• Worked with and contributed to the advancement of Agile development processes
• Strong CI/CD experience
• Experience of cloud-native applications on Google Cloud (GCP) or similar
• An understanding of back-end systems (Node.js, PHP, Microservice Architectures)
• Proficient in both spoken and written English
• Ability to showcase resilience in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience working with remote teams
• Excellent analytical / problem-solving ability
• Understanding of software development in terms of business value
• A self-starter who is solutions-focused
• Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines