Claire Joster is looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer for an Engineering and Construction company.
• Researches, designs, and implements cyber security solutions for organization systems and products that comply with all applicable security policies and standards;
• Works with IT and internal and external business partners to ensure that security is factored in the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration process of hardware and software;
• Analyzes and makes recommendations to improve network, system and application architectures;
• Examines network, server, and application logs to determine trends and identify security incidents;
• Assists in the review and update of cyber security policies, architectures and standards;
• Assists in responding to audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments.
Education, Training and Previous Experience
• BS or MA in Computer Science, Cybersecurity or a related field;
• 3+ years of experience in Cybersecurity or IT security, especially in a security engineering role;
• High level of English (oral and written).
Desired, but not required:
• Certified information systems security professional (CISSP)
Technical and Business Experience
• Technical expertise in network security knowledge, to include VPN, firewall,network monitoring, zero-trust network access, intrusion detection, web server security, wireless security, cloud, OT, and the Internet of Things (IoT);
• Practical experience with database security, content filtering, vulnerability scanning, anti-malware and endpoint protection platforms;
• Proficiency with at least one scripting language (e.g., Perl, Python and PowerShell);
• Understands business needs and has a commitment to delivering high-quality, prompt and efficient service to the business;
• Understands organizational mission, values, and goals and consistently applies this knowledge.
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong knowledge of common vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques;
• Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one;
• Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.