At Claire Joster we are specialists in the selection of executive and middle management profiles for the main functional areas of businesses, with a fundamental added value: the recruitment of talent, based on the values and cultural fit of our clients and candidates.
We are looking for our client, an outstanding international fashion brand based in Barcelona (Spain), a talented Woman Senior Buyer to join the product department and work with their jersey or knitted product ranges.
As an essential part of the department, you will work mainly with the design team, planning and preparing new ranges, ensuring to provide the best commercially viable range to maximise profits keeping and enhancing the signature style of the brand.
We are looking for a product-oriented person, who brings passion, proactivity and fashion knowledge, to join a well-known global fashion company.
• Selecting products and defining ranges together with the Design team to achieve the best strategy.
• Meeting suppliers and negotiating terms of contract and prices in order to guarantee optimal product, ensuring requested quality level.
• Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers for future products.
• Ensuring on-time delivery of all goods.
• Liaising with other departments within the organisation to ensure projects are completed
• Monitor weekly and monthly results.
• Analyse market trends, consumer buying patterns and be able to predict future trends and scenarios.
• Managing plans for stock levels, reacting to changes in demand and in logistics.
• Participating in commercial plans and promotional activities
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Business Administration and Management, or a combination of Fashion and Business Studies.
• Six plus years of relevant experience as a fashion buyer either with Jersey or Knit ranges.
• Fluent in English and at least a beginner level in Spanish is required
• In-depth knowledge of fashion and design latest trends.
• High fashion and clothing sensitivity is a must
• Have good creative ability and an eye for detail
• Have brilliant business, planning and organisational skills
• Great numerical skills to interpret statistics and make commercial decisions
• Meet targets and work under pressure
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Be able to use tact and diplomacy when negotiating is a must
• Excellent communication skills
• Availability to travel frequently
• Willing to relocate to Barcelona (relocation help will be provided)
• High fashion and clothing sensitivity
• Business and results orientation
• Organisational and communication skills
If you are interested and you want to be part of an important project like this one with great options for professional growth, this is your opportunity!